Here's to 2015

Thursday, January 8, 2015

I'm a little late in the game, but Happy New Year.  This blog seriously was killed by Instagram, but my goal in 2015 is to revive it.  So here I go.  I'm jumping right back in it and hoping for the best.  So many times I have thought to just start a new blog.  Start fresh with a clean slate.  But this blog has so many memories attached to it so it's staying.  I want to keep it active again and document our lives as I have for Instagram (feel free to follow along: court5).

New Years Eve was a huge bust for us.  It was treated basically like a regular day.  There was no chance we would make it til midnight.  The thought of it actually makes me cringe.  With 2 kids who get up around 6 a.m. everyday ready to take on the day, I know I needed my sleep.  I need at least 8 hours to function correctly so in bed by 9:30 was me.  Lame.  But, I spent it snuggled on the couch with the ones I love so I call it a win.  Plus, no hangover!  High five. 



Since then life has been pretty low key.  January always seems like the month of hibernation, organization and purging.  And that's just what we've been doing.  With the frigid Minnesota temperatures and falling snow you better believe we aren't leaving the house.  So comfy clothes with the fireplace on all while hanging out with my two boys is all that is on the agenda this week. 



I'm not one to make new years resolutions because let's face it, they will be broken.  So why even set myself up for failure, right?  So instead of calling them resolutions I call them just plain goals.  One of those goals is to journal every night or every few days.  I purchased some super cute journals from Homegoods a while back and want to fill them up.  My memory is horrible.  I can't remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday.  So journaling my days will be a great reminder. When my boys are older, they can have my journals and read back on all the memories we made. 

 

Another goal of mine is to drop these extra lbs that I've been carrying around since having Leo.  I don't own a scale (for good reason) so I don't know exactly how many pounds I want to lose.  I just know that my pre-pregnancy clothes don't fit the way I want them to.  My stomach is still squishy and it makes me super self-conscience.  I've been wearing body body slimmers when I actually leave the house to suck me all in.  But let's face it, I can't wear body slimmers forever.  It's time to get serious and off cloud 9 of having a baby...like 5 months ago. 

Stress less.  That's a huge goal.  But really, so much easier said then done.  I know my stress level has dropped dramatically since leaving the corporate world and becoming a stay at home mom.  But still, being home everyday does have it's stresses.  And sometimes I let the littlest things get to me.  This year I need to take a step back and not let so much stress me out because at the end of the day, it's laughable. 

So here's to 2015 being a stress free, journal writing, pound losing, more blogging kind of year!

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger