Cry Baby

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

I did it. I did something I never thought I would do in a billion years... 

Chris is gone this week on a snowmobiling trip so it's just me and the boys. And the dog. Yesterday was one of those days where I couldn't wait for bedtime, even if it was only 11 am.  My little happy-all-the-stinkin-time Leo was miserable all day. He cut his first tooth (yay, big boy!) and was in no mood to celebrate. My Vinny was off all morning. When nap time rolled around and he passed out on the floor in Leo's room while I was changing Leo, I knew something was up. 


When he woke up, he was burning up with a fever. He was miserable and so crabby-so unlike his personality. I had my hands full taking care of these too. Throw in a dog who was crawling the walls because he hasn't been walked in 2 days and I was ready for the day to be over. At 1 pm. 

Leo has been sleeping through the night for a while now. The last few weeks he's been waking up around 3 or 4 crying. I change him and rock him back to sleep. Which sometimes takes a looong time because he's ready to party. So nights when he doesn't go back to sleep right away I've been bringing him in bed with C&I. Something I have always been against. I never did it with Vinny and told myself I wouldn't do it with Leo. But sleep always sounds so much more appealing then being awake for an hour trying to get a baby back to sleep. I knew this bad habit needed to stop and last night was a perfect night to put my foot down. 

After the boys were in bed, I tucked myself in as well. I was beat. I passed out right away. Like clockwork Leo woke up around 3 am crying. Super exhausted, I turned the monitor down and rolled over. He cried it out. He fell back asleep and didn't wake up until 7:45 this morning. 

I broke two of my rules. Co-sleeping and crying it out. I'm not against co-sleeping. If it's your thing, awesome. It just isn't my thing. I know so many people swear by crying it out. I tried it a few times with Vinny but never lasted past 2 mins. If I wasn't so exhausted last night I totally would have scooped up Leo. And now I have a little mommy guilt for not getting him. But, he was fine. He is fine. Everyone was happy today and we had a good day. 



Will I let Leo cry it out tonight if he wakes up at 3 am again? I don't know. I guess time will tell. 

Mamas who have let their babes cry it out-I'd love to hear your 2 cents. 


No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger