Our Weekend

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Chris left Friday night to go on his annual guys fishing trip in Canada.  We were super sad to see him go especially since I'm single parenting for a full 8 days.  I knew this would be a huge challenge - a 2 year old and a 6 week old all on my own with no family remotely close to come over and help out or give me a little 30 min break.  But I was ready for it.  More so to prove to myself I could do this.  I'm home with both kids all day long, so what's a few more hours a night?

Silly girl.  What a joke. 

Saturday morning started off with the realization that we had zero milk all while Vinny was begging for some.  Just a quick run to Target will cure that.  But really, what is quick about going to Target with two kids in tow?  Nothing.  Just getting out the door is a process and needs to be timed just right so Leo won't scream the whole time in the car or Target.  Thinking I had it all timed appropriately we  were on our way.  I failed.  Timing was all wrong and Leo screamed the entire time in Target.  A mom even came up to me to tell me "It gets better over time" and that "Nobody hears him crying." I know she was trying to be nice and all but I really could have punched her in the face.

Breakfast was had as soon as we got home.  While sitting on the couch feeding Leo, Vinny came over to us and threw up his said breakfast all over me, Leo, the couch and carpet.  I was petrified he had the stomach flu but thankfully he seemed fine afterwards.  Could you imagine the stomach flu while solo parenting for a week?

Two of my favorite girlfriends came over for pizza and wine.  It was great to have some extra hands in the house all while girl talking.  And the wine didn't disappoint. 

Sunday was a gorgeous day in MN which resulted in playing outside all day. That may have been our saving grace.  What are we going to do all day inside when the weather turns?  Someone remind me why we live in Minnesota where it's only nice for about 4 months out of the year?

Bedtime has been a pure shit show around here the past few nights.  Since Leo and Vinny go to bed around the same time it's been a struggle.  There have been tantrums, screaming, tears and more tears.  And it may not have been all of from Vinny or Leo.  But, last night was the easiest of the nights yet.  I can thank the Solly Baby Wrap for that.  Leo loves it so much and it allowed me to tend to Vinny's nightly routine without having the anxiety of listening to Leo cry whenever I put him down.  That, my friends, is a huge win. 

Yesterday was Monday and we had a friend come over for a visit.  Again, the extra hands were so much appreciated!  She even joined us for a trip to the post office only took 5 minutes and otherwise would have taken 20 if I had to bring both kids in with me. 

I'm hopeful the rest of the week goes well.  I'm definitely counting down the days until Chris is home.  And I plan on never letting him leave again ;)  Kidding.  Kinda.  Until then I'm going to cherish every second of nap times.




No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger