Working Mama

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The months, days and hours go by in what seems like an instant.  You blink and it's Sunday afternoon, your baby is napping, you are tidying up the house while in the back of your mind all you can think about is the dreadful Monday morning that is fast approaching.

Being a working mom is hard.  It's something I've been struggling with since my first day back to work after having Vinny. 

There are so many pros and cons.  And I've weighed them time and time again.  With another baby on the way, the price of daycare we will be paying a week, and my overall happiness, I feel it's time to throw in the towel on working my full time corporate job.

I crave being home with Vinny during my days at work.  I dream a life where I can be home, enjoy watching him grow and learn, all while keeping the house in a relative state of clean.  Now, with another baby sure to join our family in a few months, that dream rings louder and louder in my head.

And I know being a stay at home mom is no walk in the park.  That the house will look like a tornado came through it, the laundry will be piled up and the dream of catching up on blogs while the kids are sleeping is something unheard of.  Regardless, at this stage of my life, it's the only place I want to be right now. 

I don't love my day job.  I've never have.  It's not secret.  I wouldn't miss it at all.  The paycheck, however, is something I struggle with. 

Sure, my lifestyle would be altered dramatically.  No more $150 sporadic Target runs a week, no more Starbucks, no more placing a random $150 order on gap.com.  But these are things that I can easily give up to be home with my kids.

Between now and July 25th a lot of decision making needs to happen, along with a lot of hard work and dedication to my photography.  Staying home while watching my children grow and learn all while moving steering my photography business in the direction I would love for it to go is my goal.  I'm hopeful that there will be big changes on the horizon. 

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I can relate to every part of this post! My second baby will be 4 weeks old tomorrow....so I have about 8 weeks left in my maternity leave to decide if I am going to stay home. It is a hard decision for me too...pros and cons, right?! I will say life with two is a lot of crazy :), but I love being with them all the time! I can't imagine throwing a full time job into the mix! Ha! We'll see what happens, right? Good luck with your decision and the end of your pregnancy! :)

Cora @ Ren and Boots said...

Two years ago I took that leap of faith; and as it turned out, it wasn't as scary as I thought. Sure sometimes "we have to make it work", but doesn't everybody? Much luck mama, I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you and your family!

www.etsy.com/shop/renandboots

Chris | Team Sea-Squared said...

Thanks so much ladies! xoxo

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger