21 Weeks

Friday, March 21, 2014

Oh this belly of mine.  It truly has a mind of it's own.  I wake up every morning feeling so cute and little.  By the afternoon I swear my belly has doubled. 




We had our anatomy ultrasound this week.  Chris, unfortunately, was not able to make the appointment.  I won't lie, I secretly was contemplating finding out the gender.  I figured if Chris wasn't there, I could just play along for the next 18 weeks and pretend like I don't know.  Who am I kidding?  I could never keep that sort of secret.  Besides, as much as curiousity is trying to get the best of me this pregancy, I truly want to be surprised in the delivery room.  So, nobody knows this baby's gender.  Not even my doctor.

Since I was alone, I sat by myself in the ultrasound room for what seemed like forever before my technician came in.  My mind swirled and swirled.  I got hot.  I felt like I was going to throw up.  There's nothing that would lead me to believe that something was wrong this pregnancy, but I can't help but worry.  I don't remember worrying about this with Vinny.  Maybe since everything was so new with my first pregnancy I didn't have time to think of that.  This pregnancy, since I know what's to come, I spend my time worrying and wondering.  All I want is a healthy baby. That's all anyone truly wants, right? 

My technician came in and started the ultrasound.  I felt my heart pounding.  There were a few times where she went silent and just stared at the screen.  Of course I kept asking if everything was ok.  And it was.  After approximately a half hour of checking out this babe she gave me the green light saying that he or she looks perfectly healthy.  Such a relief.  I could finally relax and breathe.


How far along?  21 weeks

Maternity clothes?
  Comfort is key to me so, yes. 


Stretch marks?
  None.  


Sleep: 
I sleep like a rock. 


Best moment this week:
  Finding out that this little peanut is healthy!


Miss Anything?
 


Movement:
  All.The.Time.  He/she is kicking me as a type :)


Food cravings:
  Still on the Taco Bell train.  I even had it for lunch today.  No shame. 


Anything making you queasy or sick:
  Nope!


Gender:
  We'll find out in July!  I did get to see a 3D profile pic of this little peanut at our ultrasound and all I could think was that he/she looked like a boy.


Labor Signs:
  No.


Belly Button in or out?
  In 


Wedding rings on or off?
  On


Happy or Moody most of the time: 
Happy!


Looking forward to: 
Spending the weekend with my little family.  The days get so hectic and busy during the week that I crave the weekends where can just relax, stay in our jammies and enjoy each other. 

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger