8 Months Down

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

8 months down and 4 more months until I have a 1 year old.  Wow.  Just wow. 

I know I say every month is my favorite month, but really, the last month was awesome.  Vinny's personality is starting to shine.  And by personality I mean temper.  When he doesn't like something, he gets pissed and wants everyone to know it.  He's on the move with his little army crawl.  Nothing is safe anymore.  Probably should start baby proofing our house now, huh?

The boy loves to stand.  Just putting him on his feet when he's cranky will ensure the biggest smile you'd ever seen.  Pretty sure the kid will walk before he officially crawls.  Which is a tad terrifying and so exciting at the same time. 

Sleeping has never been a problem for my little man.  Pretty sure he takes after me in that department.  He's been sleeping through the night since he was a little over 3 months old.

Until now. 

He goes to bed around 7/7:30 like a champ but lately has been waking up around 12:30/1:00.  Getting him back to bed at that hour of the night has been a challenge.  He likes to trick me by falling asleep in my arms when I rock him but as soon as I lay him in his crib - BING.  His eyes pop open the house is filled with screams.  So I repeat.  And repeat.  And repeat.  Until I get too tired to keep trying and just bring him in bed with Chris & I.  And, of course, Vinny ultimately falls asleep as soon as he's in our bed.  Stinker.  I want to break him and us of this habit as soon as I can.  I've always been adamant that I want Vinny sleeping in his bed, not ours.  Hence not have a bassinet and putting him in his crib since day 1.  Don't get be wrong, I'm not against co-sleeping at all.  To each their own.  Do what works!  This is just the way I prefer to have our sleeping arrangements.  Besides, we spent a nice chunk of money on his crib, I want him to sleep in it! :)

So, here's Vinny's 8 month shot.  (See all of Vinny's monthly photos here.)  As the months progress the monthly photos are getting harder and harder to take.  I have a wiggle worm on my hands!  I give moms props for taking weekly photos. 

2 comments:

Freckles Chick said...

I can't believe it, how time flies (esp. when it's not my baby, LOL)! He's the sweetest.

Nothing against cosleeping either but I think it's so important to have your own bed so I feel you. Quinn was never a good sleeper & went thru quite a few sleep regression months. Sleep training was the only answer for us (am so glad we did it) but WHOA did I get the side-eye from friends & family. Judgey Mcjudgersons.

Whatever y'all are doing in raising this kid, keep doing it b/c he's incredible. Love him.

P.S. Thanks for your awesome comment on my guest post yesterday, sweet gal!

Joi said...

Pretty much ditto to what the sweet FC had to say. Your kiddo is a cutie and do what you gotta do to get some precious sleep!

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger