Wishing

Thursday, March 21, 2013

The first thing I do when I get home from picking up Vinny from daycare school is change into my comfy/workout clothes.  I set him on his floor in his room with some toys, change and then play with him until the hubs gets home from work. 
 
Yesterday as I was walking away from him to change, I looked back and saw this.
 


I grabbed my camera, snapped a few pics, and then felt my heart ache.

Being a working mama is hard.  Nobody tells you how hard it actually is or all the emotions you will go through once you go back to work from your maternity leave.  You just have to live it and feel it.

Yesterday as I stood watching my little boy play contently, sitting up on his own, all by himself in his room made my heart ache and yearn to be home with him 24/7.  Wishing I could be able to catch these little moments everyday of the week.  Wishing to be the one to put him down for his naps.  Wishing to be the one to feed him lunch daily.  Wishing to sit in front of a mirror with him and crack each other up with our silly faces at 10:00 a.m.  These are the days I wish I could be that mom for Vinny.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Ive been having a SUPER hard time with this lately too!

Michelle Scheibe said...

I'm not a mom so I don't completely understand but I always wonder how working moms do it! Hang in there!!

Sarah said...

I completely agree and empathize with every bit of this post! Some days its not too bad and then other days I feel I like am missing/have missed so much. Just seeing that pic of your little man makes me want to run home and hug on my sweet E!

Thanks for sharing, it always helps to know others are going through the same thing you are :).

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger