Liebster Award

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Thank you, thank you, thank you Cora at Little Baby Seed for nominating me for the the blogger Liebster Award!  I've never been nominated for anything.  Well, other than changing a dirty diaper.  So when I got her email, I just about peed myself with excitement. 

So, here are the rules:
  1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
  2. Answer the 11 questions the tagger has set up for you and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you are passing the award to.
  3. Choose new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
  4. Go back to their page and let them know you have nominated them!
  5. No tag backs.

11 Random Facts About Myself:

1.  When I was pregnant with Vinny, gum made me gag.  I could only chew it for literally 3 seconds.  To this day it still makes me gag.

2.  I shower at night, lay out my clothes for the next day and even lay out my makeup in the order I put it on every night for the following day.  Sounds silly but it's the only way I can get up, get Vinny and myself ready and out the door in the morning in less than 25 mins.

3.  I wash my hair twice a week.  Some call this gross.  I call this genius.

4.  I'm addicted to all things stripes and chevron.

5.  My biggest fear is dying alone in a plane crash. 

6.  I use Proactiv religiously.  When my Gram passed away, 5.5 years ago, my face and back broke out like nobody's business.  I attribute it to stress.  But my acne remained over a month after her funeral so I tried Proactiv to clear it up.  It worked like a charm and to this day I continue to use it in fear of my acne coming back.

7.  I have a fear of leaving my flat iron on in the morning and have been known to turn after being more than half way to work to go home and double check. 

8.  I refuse to watch scary movies.  When a commercial for a scary movie comes on I have to either leave the room or close my eyes. 

9.  I hate drinking water and had a really hard time forcing myself to drink bottle after bottle while pregnant.

10.  I secretly cannot wait to be pregnant again.  Which baffles me since I hated being pregnant with Vinny.

11.  The smell, sight, taste and thought of meatloaf makes me vomit.


11 Questions from Cora and My Answers:

1.  What is your TV guilty pleasure?  CSI Miami.  I could watch marathon reruns for hours days. 

2.  What was the inspiration behind your child's name?  Before I even conceived Vinny, the hubs and I always joked around about having a boy named Vinny.  Because the name Vinny Naselli is such a bad ass Italian name.  Right?  After months and months of joking around about it, we started to actually really like it.  And then I got pregnant.  Since we didn't find out if we were having a girl or boy, we kept calling the baby Vinny.  There was a point where I even mentioned to the hubs that if by chance we have a girl, we'd have to call her Vinny because we became so used to that name.  And low and behold, we had a boy.  His legal name is Vincent Marc, but I can count on my hands the number of times he's been called Vincent.  He's sooooo a Vinny.  Marc is the hubs' middle name.

3.  If you had 24 hours alone, how would you spend it?
Oh my.  24 hours alone?  This is what dreams are made of.  There's so much I'd do.  But the first thing that pops into my mind is go to Target with Starbucks in hand and spend a nice chunk of time cruising the isles, touching everything.  Then I would go home and reorganize my closet.  This is a task that I have been wanting to do for months but never have the time!  Then I would top off my 24 hour stint with a pedicure.  And a massage. 

4.  If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you reside?
A quaint beachy town on a small island where I would live in an over water bungalow.  Duhhh.

5.  What has been your best moment thus far as a mom?
Oh gosh, this is tough.  There are many.  One the gets me every time is just walking into the room and seeing Vinny's face light up as he kicks his legs and flaps his arms like a bird in excitement.  It warms my heart and puts the biggest smile on my face. 

6.  What inspired you to begin blogging (if it's another blog, please share!)?
I started a blog long ago and blogged about everyday ramblings, shopping, etc.  But unfortunately a crazy stalker started posting some creepy stuff on my blog and I shut it down.  I then gave blogging a whirl again when I became pregnant with Vinny and luckily haven't inherited any crazy stalkers.

7.  iPhone or Droid?
iPhone.

8.  What is your favorite brand of clothing to dress your little one in?
I'm a loyal Gap shopper.  I just love their stuff and everything fits Vinny so perfectly.  I've been trying to expand my horizons on other brands but, with a Gap located in the building I work in, convenience kicks in. 

9.  What is currently in your diaper bag?
My wallet which should be in my purse.  This is going to make purchasing lunch tricky today...

10.  What is the best dish you make?
I make a mean bowl of Lucky Charms.  No joke.

11.  What is one item you can't live without?
Mascara.  I refuse to leave the house without it. 


I give the Liebster Award to ... drum roll please ....
Bringing Up BeBe
The Swanky Southern Yankee
Devin & Becca & Chloe

 
Here are my 11 questions to them:
 
1.  Sweet or salty?
2.  Your favorite vacation destination?
3.  What did you want to be when you grew up?
4.  What is your biggest fear about being a mom?
5.  Your favorite place to shop for your clothing?
6.  How many kids do you want to have?
7.  If you could meet any blogger in real life, who would it be?
8.  Favorite male and female celebrity?
9.  If you had an extra 3 hours a day, how would you spend them?
10. Your best piece of advice for an expecting mom?
11. If you could pick one meal to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?



And posts just aren't fun unless a picture is attached.


1 comment:

Cora said...

Yay! I loved learning more about you! Can't wait to follow along and see more pics of Vinny in that hat! I die for that hat :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger