7 Months and a Schedule

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Last weekend Vinny turned 7 months  Month 6 whizzed right by me. Just when I got comfortable saying his was 6 months old, BAM, 7 months happened.


You can see Vinny's month to month growth here

I received a few emails asking what Vinny's daily schedule looks like.  So, here you go!

During the week I wake him up at 5:50 a.m.  He gets a 6 ounce bottle, we get dressed and ready for daycare school and I drop him off at 6:30 a.m.

While at school he stays on a schedule of having a 6 ounce bottle every 4 hours.  In between those bottles he either eats a fruit, veggie or cereal. 

I scoop him up from school around 3:30/4:00 and we head home.  I change into my workout clothes, change Vinny out of the clothes he wore to school because they are usually dirty from getting messy eating or doing whatever art project was on the schedule for the day.  Then we play together until Chris comes home.  Or depending on how long he slept at school, he takes a short nap while I pick up the house and do laundry.

We usually eat dinner around 5:45/6:00.  Vinny has a fruit or veggie along with some puffs.  I'll also mash up whatever it is we are eating and give him some.  Then at 6:30 it's bath time.  This kid loves his baths and could probably sit in there for an hour playing if he wouldn't get cold or shrivel up like a prune.  After his bath we "jammy up", read a book or two, dim the lights, and I give him a 7 ounce bottle in his room.  He normally passes right out as soon as he finishes his bottle, but I like to hold him for a bit while rocking him.  I place him in his crib, turn on his humidifier and noise machine and close the door.

I put him to bed without his paci in his mouth, but leave it in his crib in case he wakes up and wants it.  He's a rockstar at finding that damn thing.  I have a feeling weaning him off it might be tough.  He sleeps through the night all the time and has since he was a little over 3 months.

I workout in the basement from 8-9, shower and head to bed.  Wake up and repeat.

We established a bedtime routine when Vinny was 3 months old.  We used to start our routine a little later and found that Vinny was just too tired and crabby when bath time rolled around.  So starting our bedtime routine at 6:30 has worked out much better.  Some days, depending on Vinny's mood, we start our routine at 7:00.  But never later than 7:00.

So there you have it.  My suggestion to new moms is to start a bedtime routine early and stick with it.  Consistency is huge!

3 comments:

Erin said...

This is a great post! We thrive on a routine with Reagan and I agree I think it's key for them. Although, I think Im going to take your advice and start her routine a little earlier ... she's a pretty big crab by the time story time comes around.

Becca said...

Great schedule mama!

LacyLouise said...

Welp... I have had a bedtime routine with baby L since THE DAY he was born, never skipped a beat and he has yet to sleep through the night. ugh.

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger