Successful Trial

Friday, February 1, 2013

Oh sweet Friday.
It's heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere!!


So yesterday (here I go again with starting a sentence with "So".  I can't quit it.  Yesterday, on my day off, my last day off in a LONG time (cue the tears), I took Vinny to his daycare for a trial run.  I dropped off his diapers, wipes, extra clothes, and then sat back and watched from afar as he got acquainted with his teacher and new friends.  He seemed to love the new surroundings and was so amused by all the toys.  I felt good ok with leaving him.  So I did.  For an hour.  I had no idea what to do with myself since I'm never alone anymore.  So I decided to swing into Starbucks, grab a white chocolate mocha and sit and just be.  But that just resulted in me staring at my phone and counting the minutes for when I could return.  I knew I should have went to Target. 

An hour later I returned and peeked in the room (before flying into the room and snatching up my baby and smothering him with kisses like I haven't seen him in months.)  Vinny was playing and smiling.  And that's all it took to warm my heart and ease my nerves.  He's going to be fine in daycare.  Repeat: He's going to be fine in daycare.  He's going to love it.  Repeat: He's going to love it.

When Monday rolls around, someone remind me to repeat that to myself over and over, ok?  Thanks.

I'm kidding.
(I think.)

I will be fine dropping him off on his first full day of "school" (remember, that's what we call it now).  And if I'm not, you are sure to hear about it. 

3 comments:

LacyLouise said...

you WILL be fine:) Im not going to say goodluck because you don't need it he will be perfect and so will you. Just remember its in his bestttt interest and he will have a ball with all the other kiddos xo!

Chris | Team Sea-Squared said...

Thanks lady! I have survived so far. 30 more mins until I'll be on my way to scoop him up!

Joi said...

Awww, you're a great momma! You love your little V so much and it shows! He's going to love daycare {I'll say it with you!} ;-). xo

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger