The Countdown

Monday, January 28, 2013

Vinny is famous.  He's been featured on Spearmint Baby again.  Here's his first feature and his second

God I love him.

So, the countdown has begun.  (Can I just say that I love starting a sentence with "so")  One week from today I go back to work full-time and Vinny will begin daycare.  Or "school" as I like to call it.  I knew this day would come.  It was only a matter of time. 

I can honestly say I'm dreading being in the office 5 days a week again.  I haven't been since August.  I love being able to work 3 days a week and being home 2 with my little man.  But, unfortunately, my firm will no longer let me keep my part-time schedule.  And since I don't have a new part-time job lined up, I have to come back full time. 

I don't doubt that Vinny will love school.  He'll make some friends, enjoy learning and appreciate looking at some other faces other than mine and the hubs.  I have no issues with his safety or the care they will provide for him.  I've been to the daycare several times and the teachers and staff are wonderful.  I'm just sad that I'm going to miss out on so much time with him.  Luckily I am able to make my own hours at my job.  I'll able to leave work by 3:00 and have Vinny in my arms and home before 4:00.  That gives me a few extra hours with him before he crashes (normally around 7:00).  So much better than a 9-5 where I'd only get an hour or so with him a night. 

Next Monday is going to be rough.  I definitely need to purchase some waterproof mascara before then.

Until then I'm going to soak every moment up with him. 

 
 
Are you dying from the cuteness?  Yea, me too. 

3 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

super super cute - gotta love coming home to that face!

LacyLouise said...

um cant take it! If you need to have mom break downs Im always around I work 830-430 full time I can shoot over my email if you want:) keep ya chin up that baby model is gorg

Jessica said...

Handsome handsome guy! Going back to work is the hardest. It definitely does get better day-by-day and week-by-week though. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way---mostly about finding a part-time gig. That allows for such a nice balanced life. Cheers!

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger