Baby #2

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Typing the title of this post gave me chills! 

To answer the question:  no, there is no announcement being made in this post. 

It's no secret that the hubs and I want to have another child.  I like to joke and press his buttons by saying 'one and done!'  But that is so far from the truth.  I grew up an only child for 9 years and let me tell you, it sucked.  I absolutely hated it.  I hated going home when the street lights came on because that meant I would be all alone and would have nobody to play with at night.  Because of this I was never home when I was a kid.  I was always at a friend's house and would kick and scream when my mom would tell me it was time to come home. 

I don't want to do that to Vinny.  I would never have just one child.  If for some reason I was unable to have another child naturally, C&I would definitely adopt.  Because my brother and I are 9 years apart (not by my mother's choice), I would like to have another child soonish so my children would be close in age.  I want Vinny to have a playmate, a buddy, someone to grow up with. 

Vinny has been such an easy baby.  He is always happy and so chill.  The only time he really gets upset is when he's tired.  Hey, I get upset too when I'm tired so I totally relate.  He is such a good sleeper and has been sleeping through the night since he was a little over 3 months old.  Before giving birth so many people scared me to death by saying how I will never sleep, I'll be exhausted 24/7, my life as I knew it would be completely over, I'll never be able to go out to dinner again, etc. etc.   But honestly, none of that has come true.  Sure there were a few sleepless nights in the beginning, but that was to be expected.  This mom stuff is a lot easier than I expected it to be.  I really have it easy with Vinny.  And trust me, am so thankful!  Especially when I read the struggles of other moms about their babies not sleeping at night or crying for hours on end.  Of course this can all change in an instant, I realize that.  But for now I'm going to enjoy my happy, easy going baby.

And maybe it's because Vinny has been so easy that I've been thinking of #2 lately.  Do I want to join the 2 under 2 club?  I honestly am not 100% sure.  But what I am sure about is the hubs and I are not getting any younger.  My goal is to wait until Vinny's first birthday in August.  Then, game on.  So if all goes right in my crazy little head of mine, I will become pregnant in 2013.  And just typing that gave me chills, again. 

1 comment:

Joi said...

Hey girl! I'm so happy Vinny has been such an easy baby--can he teach Theron some tricks? Ha! But seriously, I'm hoping you get your wish for 2013. I'm thinking Theron's going to need lots of cousins to make up for his only child status. Yeah, screaming months on end will do that to a momma!

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger