One Year Later

Monday, December 17, 2012

One year ago today I woke up feeling 'off'.  The previous night C&I indulged in a few too many cocktails with friends.  So at first I attributed my off feeling to a possible hangover.  But as the hours passed I didn't feel hungover.  Just, off. 

So, while C was downstairs watching TV, I took a pregnancy test.  As I was waiting to see the results I knew in my heart that I was pregnant.  I just knew.  There's no other words to explain how I knew except - I just knew.  I felt it.  I kept myself busy with switching out the laundry while I was waiting for the results.  I came to the counter of the bathroom and looked down.  Two lines.  TWO!  Two lines meant I was pregnant :)

I was thrilled!

But obviously not convinced since I took two more tests just to be certain.  Those tests were, of course, positive as well.

Just as I was about to run downstairs and tell C the news I was overcome with feeling scared.  Just 7 weeks prior I suffered a miscarriage and had to undergo a D&C.  We were still coping with that loss.  I wanted so much to be happy and excited to be pregnant again, however I was so scared and nervous to go through another loss.  So after a few prayers and a pep talk to myself, I went downstairs to tell C that we were expecting, again.  Whatever was going to happen with this pregnancy was going to happen.  All I could do was pray and stay positive.  It was out of our hands and in God's. 

Now here we are, one year later.  A happy family of 3 (errr, 4 including Tiko).  We have a healthy, happy and ridiculously handsome baby boy.  Vinny has consumed our lives and has brought us more happiness than I could have ever imagined.  I'm a mom now.  A mom!  Something I never really knew if I would be or wanted to be.  Now I can't imagine not being a mom.  It's funny how much your life can change in just one year.

See, I wasn't kidding.  I did take THREE tests! 





Photo credit:  Natalie Kirby Photography


No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger