Goodbye 2012

Monday, December 31, 2012

As I sit at my desk and count the hours until I'm home again and my little Vinny is in my arms, I'm reflecting on all the goodness 2012 brought to us. 

Let's recap, shall we?

January.
I was keeping mum about my pregnancy since I was in the very early weeks still.   I was however telling a few of my closet friends in person.  The reactions and spilling the news was truly one of my favorite moments.  I love how excited my friends were for us.


 
 
We also signed the contract to start building our new home in January.  At the time it felt like the month of May would never arrive.  We were so excited to finally build our dream home.



 
February.
We spent the beginning of February lounging on the beach with C's parents.  It was such a fun and relaxing get away.  While soaking up the sun on the beach I was trying to think of a creative way to announce our pregnancy on FB.  So I came up with this.
 


 
March.
March came and went.  We had a lot of decisions to make regarding our interior choices in the house.  It was a fun but a little stressful.  The granite and back splash you choose has be perfect and something you know you'll love years to come.  No pressure.  Especially for the most indecisive person like ever (me).
 


April.
April was filled with tying up loose ends on house decisions, packing up our t-house, photo sessions and, most importantly, hitting the half way mark in my pregnancy.  
 
 
 
Look at that bump.  And I thought I was huge then?  Ha, please.  If I only knew what I would look like a day before delivering I would definitely think I looked and felt tiny!


May.
May was such an exciting month.  We moved out of our t-house and into our home.  Thankfully C's mom and my sister-in-law drove up from Illinois to help us get organized (weird, we are still doing that 7 months later) and unpack.  We were finally homeowners.  Such an amazing feeling. 


 
 
 
June.
I had both of my baby showers in June.  One in Minnesota hosted by one of my besties and another in Chicago hosted by our moms.  They both were so perfect.  I couldn't have dreamt up a better shower.  We got so many much needed items and baby gear. 
 
 
 
My lovely friend, Natalie, also was sweet enough to photograph my maternity session for me.  Eventho I did not love looking like a house, I am forever grateful for these images. 
 
 
 
July.
With only one month before our Vinny arrived much of my time was spent prepping and designing his nursery while staying out of the heat. Of course, at the time, I didn't know if Vinny would be a Vinny or not.  So I kept things gender neutral which was such a struggle for me.  But in the end I pulled it off and love the end result.  (Yes, I realize I haven't even posted my nursery reveal!  I'm on it, I swear.)
 
On a whim I also decided to chop off all my hair.  Who does that 8 months pregnant?  This girl.  Pretty sure the heat got to my head.  Literally.

 
 
 
August.
Vincent Marc was born on August 23, 2012 at 10:44 a.m. weighing 9 pounds, 1 ounce and 21 inches long.  Life as I knew it got a lot sweeter.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
September.
We spent a huge part of September cuddling and getting to know our little man.  Both of our families drove up from Chicago to visit and help us around the house.  C's mom even stayed with us for a few weeks.  We are so thankful for all the help and time spent with family. 
 

My bestest bestie even flew up to Minnesota from Chicago, 7 months pregnant, to meet Vinny.
 
 
 

October.
Vinny was baptized and all of our family came back up to Minnesota to celebrate.  He wore the same baptism outfit that C wore when he was baptized.  34 years later. 
 
 
 
 
November.
We made our first road trip with Vinny to Chicago to celebrate Thanksgiving.  He was such a good boy and probably only fussed for 20 mins the entire drive. 
 
 
 
 
December.
Back to Chicago to celebrate Vinny's first Christmas with all of our family.  This Christmas was a little sweeter than the rest.  To know me in real life is to know that I'm a Grinch when it comes to Christmas.  Not this year.  It's amazing what having a baby will do to you. 



 
 
So farewell 2012!  I will miss you and so thankful for you.  You were definitely our best year yet.  I'm exciting to see what 2013 has in store for us.  


1 comment:

Erin said...

A great year! I've enjoyed being a long for the journey, cheers to 2012! :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger