Sweet Dreams

Monday, November 5, 2012

Vinny's not a napper.  During the day he takes little catnaps consisting of 15-20 minutes.  Tops.  Unless he's in the car or out shopping with me.  Then he will sleep until we get home.  I don't mind his catnaps.  Especially if it means he'll sleep through the night (or just get up once during the night).  I rather have it that way than longer naps during the day and not sleeping good at night.

His catnaps are never in his crib.  Which is obviously all my fault.  He falls asleep in his swing, bouncy chair, pack n' play, floor, my bed - anywhere but his crib.  In weeks past I tried putting him in his crib to nap and it just resulted in him screaming.  So.  I never tried again.  (Bad mom, I know.)

Until today.

Vinny passed out in my arms while I was working on the computer.  My initial reaction was to put him in his swing next to me.  But, instead, I tried the crib again.  I laid him on his side (which he prefers) and slowly backed away from the crib waiting for his eyes to pop open and his screams to fill the air.  But neither happened.  So I did what any mom would do when their child napped in his crib for the first time.  I grabbed my camera.





3 comments:

LacyLouise said...

OH my god! How precious is that

LacyLouise said...

btw I love his bedding:) where is it from

Court said...

Thanks! His bedskirt is from www.modifiedtot.com. I just have plain white BRU sheets on his mattress.

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger