And I Call Myself a Photographer?

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I have a confession to make:  I don't have very many pictures of Vinny.  Wait.  Correction.  I don't have very many pictures of Vinny using my fancy smancy camera.

This is unacceptable.  Completely and utterly unacceptable.

You would think that since I'm a photographer that I would have a pleathera of photos of my son.  Or, for that matter, have the camera in his face 24/7.  But, sadly, I don't. 

The beginning weeks can be blamed on the baby blues.  I got them instantly.  I cried and cried and cried.  Because of the blues, I wanted nothing to do with my camera.  Obviously that was a huge red flag for C and my mother-in-law that something was wrong with me.  But the blues are long gone.  And now my lack of photos can be chalked up to pure laziness.  And I'm ashamed to admit I let myself get so lazy.  I found it so much easier and convenient to snap a pic or 20 of him with my iphone than to grab my camera.  Even when my camera is readily available. 

I'm kicking myself for being like this.  It's hard to call myself a photographer when I don't even have recent non-iphone pictures of my son to show for. 

It might be a little later in the game than I would have liked, but from here on out I am vowing to be better and more consistent with taking photos of Vinny.  No more laziness.  Vinny and I are starting tomorrow with his 3 month photo shoot in his nursery :)

2 comments:

LacyLouise said...

SO true I am not a photographer but I did buy a new camera for Landons arrival and barely have 30 pics on there I need to step my game up as well- I didnt even snap one photo on Thanksgiving- his first one?! what kind of mother am I

Abby said...

It's ok mama, don't beat yourself up. Wait until you have a seond child it gets even worse. I am awful at taking pictures of Kate with anything but my phone, poor girl. You have some beautiful pictures of Vinny that you will treasure for the rest of your life! He is precious!

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger