Best of Both Worlds

Friday, October 26, 2012

I have over 15 posts in my draft folder.  Apparently I've had a lot to say.  Finishing all those posts seems like a lot of work and time - which I don't have.

So.  Moving on to the then and now.   Lucky for you that you escaped my breast feeding post.

Vinny is 2 months old.  TWO MONTHS people!  I mean, how?  I feel like I blinked and he's holding his head up, smiling like crazy and quickly pushing the limits on some is his 0-3 month clothes.  It makes me sad and happy he's growing so fast.  Bittersweet is the only word that I find appropriate.

Just look at him.



So him being 2 months has me thinking of my work situation.  I can honestly say that I love love LOVE staying home everyday with him.  I've finally settled into a routine and I'm soaking up all his milestones.  However.  Staying home in your yoga pants every.single.day can get old. (Shocking, I know.)  Oh and there's the whole not making money thing.  I only got paid for two weeks of my maternity leave so my checking account is beginning to suffer.  Especially since V&I spend a lot of time at Target.  And you can't walk out of there without spending $100.

I really thought I wanted to be a stay at home mom.  Mostly because the thought of daycare reduced me to a puddle of tears.  There is no way that I would be ok with some stranger soothing my child.  Especially when he's only 3 months old.  They don't know what his cries mean like I do.  And I'm sure every mom has these feelings.  But it literally feels like someone is ripping out my heart with the mere thought of daycare.

In talking with the hubs we decided, if my firm will allow it, that I would go back to work part-time (3 days a week).  Those 3 days the hubs will stay home with Vinny and work from home so we can avoid daycare.  For now.  Then I feel like I will have the best of both worlds.  I get to stay home with my baby and also get my work on and make some money.  Fingers crossed that my firm approves of this.  As of now it sounds like they might.  Which means more trips to Target are in our future. 



No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger