37 Weeks :: FULL TERM BABY!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

I made it!  Our nugget is full term!  *happy dance*  I can safely deliver at any time from this point forward and feel good knowing that s/he is fully developed.  It's such a great feeling. 

So my appointment on Tuesday went well.  I got to see our nugget on the big screen and watch him/her squirm around in my belly.  I reminded the tech about not wanting to know the gender so I did have to turn away a few times.  I won't lie, it took everything in my power to not peek!  But I stayed strong and didn't see a thing. 

After my ultrasound I had my first internal exam.  Nobody prepared me for such a thing.  I seriously thought it was going to be no biggie and just feel like your annual exam.  Nope.  The internal exams hurt.  A lot.  Or maybe I'm just a wimp with a super low pain threshold?  In which case will make labor a scream fest.  I'm not looking forward to these exams once a week.  My doctor revealed that I haven't dropped yet.  Which I sorta knew since I still look so high and still am out of breath doing the simplest of things.  My lung space is so limited.  I'm not dilated at all, but my cervix is softening so that's a start.  I was secretly hoping she would tell me that I've dropped and am dilated.  Maybe next time?  Fingers crossed. 

In looking at the measurements taken on ultrasound and my doc pushing and contorting my stomach to ways I never thought was possible to get a good feel on the nugget, she's estimating that I will deliver a 8 1/2 pound baby.  Whoa.  Hearing that sounds so big to me for some reason.  The hubs was 8 1/2 pounds and I was 7 1/2.  So maybe s/he is taking after the hubs?  Or maybe my obsessions with root beer floats need to stop.  But the more I think about it the more I'm looking forward to a chunky 8 1/2 pounder.  I won't feel like I could break him/her! 

I totally forgot to take my weekly pics this morning so those will be posted either later today or tomorrow.  Trust me, you aren't missing much.  I look like a beachball. 

How far along:  37 weeks - FULL TERM!!!
Maternity Clothes?  I've been living in maxi dresses the past few weeks.  Love that most of them I've purchased haven't been maternity so I can wear them after s/he is here!
Stretch Marks?  Nope - so happy about this.
Sleep:  What's that?  No, seriously, I don't know.  I was up until 1 a.m. last night, slept for 3 hours, and then laid there watching the fan go around and around until my alarm finally went off.  I'm hurting today.  I can't wait to go home and nap ... or try to. 
Best Moment this Week:  Seeing our peanut on the big screen.
Miss Anything?  Sleep.
Movement:  All the time and loving it still.  Apparently there is still room in there to do his/her acrobatic tricks daily.
Food Cravings:  Ice.  I just can't.get.enough.
Anything making you queasy or sick?  No.
Gender:  I haven't the slightest idea.  Last Saturday C&I went out to lunch and our waitress said I'm "definitely having a girl".  One hour later while we were browsing for furniture our sales lady said she's "110% sure it's a boy". 
Labor Signs:  I am getting sharp pains very very low in my abdomen from time to time.
Belly Button in or out?  It's flat and poking out just a tad.
Wedding Rings on or off?  Off.  I seriously forgot what they look like at this point.
Happy or Moody Most of the Time:  I'm irritable, that's for sure!  I'm crabby, but don't mean to be.  I just feel so ready to be done and am uncomfortable that I'm definitely not the most pleasant person to be around.
Looking Forward to:  To something, anything, to indicate labor is around the corner.  I'm so anxious to meet our son/daughter!

1 comment:

LacyLouise said...

Not to sure how to follow your blog, so hopefully you keep popping up so I can check in on ya! I totally feel ya on being uncomfortable sometimes I just want to cry because Im so over it! SOON :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger