Possible Bedding?

Friday, June 29, 2012

We have lived in our new home for over a month now.  Hold up - correction.  Going on almost two months.  Yikes, time is flying!  Anyways, since moving in we have yet to find furniture for our master bedroom.  C&I are very picky when it comes to just about everything.  We've been in every furniture store in the state of Minnesota at least 4 times.  I'm beginning to think the sales people are recognizing us.  Just when I think we found the perfect bedroom furniture set, I find something about it I just can't live with.  It's great that we are picky since in the end we'll end up with furniture we'll love for years to come, but because of our pickiness, we've been sleeping in a guest bedroom since we've closed.  We have this big beautiful master bedroom with french doors that we haven't even been able to enjoy.  It's frustrating.

But I know one day we'll find furniture we love and the days of sleeping in our guest bedroom will be over.  To tide me over until that time I've been trying to envision in my mind how I want our bedroom to look.  I've always been a HUGE fan of all white bedding.  It's what we've had in our master bedroom in our townhouse for the past year or so.  White bedding screams clean, crisp and relaxing to me.  Plus it's so easy to add a punch of color and swap out throw pillows and sheets for a completely different look.  However I used our white bedding from our townhouse in one of our guest bedrooms.  And the more I think about it, the more I wonder how smart is it for us to have white bedding with a newborn...

I've been keeping close tabs on all my favorite home decorating websites to find bedding I love for when the time comes to decorate our master bedroom.  I've been keeping my eye on this set from West Elm.  It's not something I would normally jump at right away.  It's a tad 'busy' for my preference in a master bedroom.  However the more I look at it tho, the more I love it.  And let's be honest, I'm absolutely addicted to all things chevron. 




So... I'm on the fence on whether I should purchase it now and hold the set until we are ready to purchase furniture or not.  Having flashbacks of past experiences makes me want to order up the bedding now because what if it's gone when I'm finally ready to decorate?  It's easier to return something than it is to find something that is no longer available anymore. 

1 comment:

Erin said...

I LOVE that set! As soon as I saw it on Pinterest I wanted it.

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger