30 Weeks

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wow.  30 weeks today.  According to thebump.com our peanut is the size of a cucumber and weighs in around 2.5 to 3.8 pounds.   A snippet from my weekly email:

"At 30 weeks, your belly’s doing more than just making it tough to find a comfortable sleeping position. It’s made itself a conversation piece. Everywhere you go, someone seems to have a comment about your physical appearance, which isn’t always so fun. And no doubt, you’ve encountered quite a few people who don’t think before they speak and say something embarrassing or hurtful (what’s up with that?)"

In the last week I've encountered several comments that were a tad hurtful.  I really don't think people think before they speak.  I am overly sensitive so that could play a part in all this as well.  But to know me is to know that I'm highly self-conscious when I'm not pregnant so now, being pregnant, my self-consciousness is on ultimate awareness.  But, I'm brushing off the comments and trying not to let them get to me.  If I dwell on them I'll just be unhappy and that's the last thing I want to be during this period in my life. 

Yellow!  My favorite color to wear, next to black that is.  I look kinda crabby huh?  I swear, I'm happier today than what the photos portray.  :) <--- see!



How far along:  30 weeks - ekkkk!
Maternity Clothes?  You betcha!  (Said in a Minnesotan accent of course.)
Stretch Marks?  My daily cocoa butter applications must be working because I have none.
Sleep:  More of it please!  I've been pretty tired this week.  3rd trimester exhaustion must be setting in.
Best Moment this Week:  Duhh, receiving my nursery furniture!  I can't wait for the hubs to assemble it this weekend!
Miss Anything?  Not really.  I can't think of anything at the moment.
Movement:  It's amazing how much I feel him/her!  I love it so much.  I was laying on the couch last night and put my cell phone on my stomach and just loved watching it move all around. 
Food Cravings:  Ice.  Still.  I seriously love chomping ice and can't stop!
Anything making you queasy or sick?  I still can't chew gum without gagging. 
Gender:  I'm to the point that I just don't even know anymore.  I have said girl from the beginning but now since everyone says I'm carrying as if I'm having a boy, I  have no idea.  And frankly, it doesn't matter to me.  I just want a healthy baby. 
Labor Signs:  Nah.  Hopefully not anytime soon either.  This little one still needs to cook for a while.
Belly Button in or out?  Still in surprisingly.  But it's not pretty.  Let's just leave it at that.
Wedding Rings on or off?  Off.  I miss my bling.
Happy or Moody Most of the Time:  Happy!
Looking Forward to:  My Minnesota baby shower this Saturday, the hubs repainting the nursery and assembling the crib and dresser! 

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger