Whirlwind

Friday, May 18, 2012

Wow.  The last week has been such a whirlwind. 

We closed on our brand new home last Friday afternoon.  It's officially all ours people!

Saturday morning the movers were at our townhouse at 8:00 a.m. ready to move us into our brand new home.  What a long day.  Moving is no joke - even when your hire movers.  Since I'm pregnant I couldn't do a whole lot to help except sit back and watch our entire life fill a moving truck.  It was definitely bittersweet to see the townhouse go.  So many memories were made there. 

The rest of the weekend consisted of unpacking.  I made it my goal to get my kitchen together if nothing else.  And find my island since it was buried with boxes.  For the most part, I succeeded.  At least we have a functioning kitchen now.  We even broke it in and cooked dinner for the first time on Tuesday :)


See that blank wall next to the pantry?  It's a perfect spot for the chalkboard I just ordered.  I can't wait to get it.  Normally I would have easily chosen the Russet or Ivory/Rust but wanted a pop of color.  So I choose Beeswax.  It's going to look great. 



Our new neighbors are awesome.  They left this on our doorstep for us one night.


It was a jar filled with a cute towel, sponge and hand soap.  On back of the card they listed the restaurants and shopping in our area and how to get to their locations.  So thoughtful and sweet! 

Monday I took the day off work so the blinds could get installed.  They look amazing.  What a difference blinds make.  It is slowing starting to look like a home. 

The rest of the week has been rough.  C&I both work our full time jobs, come home and immediately start working on unpacking things.  Unfortunately, most nights it's just me working on the house since C has been working late.  I think the earliest I have been in bed this week was 11.  I'm tired to say the least.  There is just so much to do and just the two of us to do it.  With me being pregnant I can only do so much and need to take breaks - even if I fight with C to take them.  It's hard to not have everything done right away but I have to keep in mind that we aren't going anywhere anytime soon and have all the time in the world to get things together.  Thankfully my mother-in-law and sister-in-law are coming up tonight from Chicago for the weekend to help us.  We are so appreciative of their help.  I'm looking forward to getting a lot done this weekend. 

Yesterday I took C's advice and took a break from the house to run to Target.  I spent a good 2 hours there.  I needed to get familiar with my new Target which is conveniently located 5 mins away.  I picked up new sheets and pillows for the guest bedroom along with various fun house related things.  Oh and a long maxi dress for my pregnant self which I can't wait to wear tomorrow.  I swung through the baby department and am proud to finally say, I made my first purchase for our little peanut!  I've been struggling so much with trying to find cute gender neutral clothing.  I hate it all.  I'm so picky and can't stand it sometimes.  Yellow and green are just so blah to me.  I found this and snagged it immediately.


Black, stripes and stars?  Ahhhh, be still my heart.  All of my favorites.  Baby girl/boy finally has something hanging in her/his closet :)

I ordered the nursery furniture as well as the curtains and bed skirt this week.  Next Wednesday is my birthday and I took the day off work.  Yes, I always take my birthday off work.  It's a happy day and I rather not spend it sitting under florescent lights.  I plan on ordering my glider from BRU then.  I can't wait to get my paws on the nursery and start decorating.  But first things first, picking out the perfect shade of grey paint.  Which I'll add to the list for next Wednesday's day off.

I plan on posting each room of the house once we are finished decorating.  I'd like to make the nursery the first room to tackle since we obviously have a time crunch there.  But without paint, furniture and a few things that I have ordered that haven't come in yet, it needs to wait a little longer.   I don't want to jump in and decorate a room just to decorate it.  I want to make it exactly the way I want it and that could take a little while.  So, have patience with me :) 

1 comment:

Erin said...

Your house is gorgeous, can't wait to see all the future decorating posts. I've been searching for the perfect chalkboard for months now too and can't seem to find anything. Might have to check yours out.

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger