Packing, Sleepless Nights & Shopping

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Time is really ticking now.  We close on our new house next Friday.  The movers will be ready to move us at 8:00 a.m. the following Saturday.  Ekkkk!  So much needs to be done before then.  So much.  I just wish I had the energy to do it all.  And it's not because I'm tired due to the pregnancy, I feel great.  I just feel overwhelmed.  So much packing still needs to get accomplished.  You really don't realize how much stuff you have until you have to put it all in boxes.  

On top of packing I've been using every spare moment I have to scour the internet for the perfect bedding for the nursery.  I thought I had everything picked but then, as usual, started second guessing myself and have now started with a blank canvas again.  I really thought designing the nursery gender neutral wouldn't be this hard.  Now I sort of wish we would have found out if we were having a boy or girl because it would make this part of the process 100% easier for me.

My mind is racing with either house stuff or baby stuff.  It's non-stop.  I wish I had an off button so I can clear my head for a while.  Because of it I cannot sleep at night.  The past week I have been tossing and turning.  When I can't get back to sleep I reach for my phone and start searching for nursery and house inspiration.  Last night I think I got a whooping 3.5 hours of sleep total.  Unacceptable.  To say I'm dragging today is an understatement. 

But at least I made some progress last night.  I made the following purchases for the house from Target. 

I've been eyeing this shower curtain for a while.  I just love it.  So fresh, clean and simple.  So, I finally ordered it.  It will be perfect for our guest bathroom.



Look how pretty it looks in a bathroom.  Perfect, no?



I also scooped up bar stools for our island in the kitchen.  We agreed we wanted to keep it simple so we snagged these in espresso.


And finally, my first purchase for the nursery.  This is quite possibly the most exciting purchase yet for me...  My owl lamp!  I've been wanting this for a few months.  I'm so owl obsessed right now and definitely want to incorporate an owl or two in the nursery.  I just need to switch out the black shade.  It is going to look great on my side table (which I have yet to find) next to my rocker.




No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger