This & That

Thursday, May 24, 2012

I walked in the office this morning and not even 2 minutes of being here this happens:


I mean, really?  As if sitting in traffic for over an hour this morning due to the monsoon we were having wasn't bad enough.  I want to go home and start the day over.  So now I'm patiently waiting for Gap to open so I can buy a new tank.  I did my research and they are 40% off right now.  Even better.

Yesterday I took the day off from work.  It was my birthday after all.  Sitting under florescent lights is not my idea of fun.  And your birthday is supposed to be a fun day, right? 

I slept in til 8 - which was amazing.  I love not waking up to the sound of my alarm.  Tiko and I went for a nice long walk and then I got ready to start my errands.  I made a list the night before of all the places I needed and wanted to go.  The list was pretty long but I was excited to get it all accomplished.  When I grabbed my list before running out the door, I noticed a cute little happy birthday message from the Hubs on it.  So sweet.

A new address means a new license.  The thought of taking a new picture with my "fat pregnancy face" terrified me.  You get stuck with that picture for a long time!  The picture I currently have on my license is such a good one (if I do say so myself).  I really don't think I've ever took a better picture to be honest.  So after filling out the necessary paperwork and practicing how I'd suck in my cheeks while smiling, I was ready to say cheese.  I turned in my paperwork and the girl behind the counter told me I should receive my license in 1-2 weeks.  Wait.  "No new picture required?"  "Nope.  We will use your current picture."  I probably looked like someone handed me a million dollars.  I couldn't have been happier.  I skipped out of the government center on cloud 9.  Don't judge.  It's the little things people.

I ran a few more errands and then tackled the "fun" errands.  All of which consisted on shopping for the house.  First stop - HomeGoods.  I was on a hunt for a fun end table to place next to my glider in the nursery.  Sadly, I didn't find what I was looking for.  BUT I did purchase this awesome cork board for only $19.  And to think I was going to purchase the exact same thing online for over double that amount.  Silly girl. 


This morning I always purchased these from PB to complete our mud room. 



Then I went to the best place on earth Target to make an exchange.  I walked out with these additional items.  Being pregnant in the summer is no joke.  All I want to be is comfortable.  And I'm totally loving long dresses which is weird since I've never been a fan.  Being 5 foot 3 they never looked good on me - until I got a baby bump.  Now it's all I want to wear.




This morning I ordered this dress because I cannot find it anywhere in my size.  And I love it oh so much.  So my style. 


I then went to the paint store for the second time.  I have finally found the perfect shade of gray to paint the nursery.  Platinum Gray by Benjamin Moore.  It's exactly what I set out the first time to look for but did not find.  Project Paint the Nursery will be underway this weekend. 


I then found a glider that I'm giddy about and added it to my registry.  Altho, I'm not optimistic that I will receive it as a gift.  It's pricey.  My mother-in-law tends to think I might since a lot of family members like to go in together on big ticket items.  If I don't receive it, I will definitely order it myself.  It's super comfy.  I didn't want to get out of it after giving it a spin yesterday.   


I came home from my errands and the Hubs cooked me my favorite dinner - chicken, tomatoes and artichoke with a side of corn.  Mmmm - I can't wait for leftovers tonight.  And this is coming from a girl who refuses to eat leftovers so you know it must be good.  I really couldn't have asked for a better day. 

Tomorrow night we are celebrating my birthday with good friends at Oceanaire - which is one of the best seafood restaurants in Minneapolis.  I can't wait to relax, enjoy some amazing seafood and laughs with good friends. 

Gap is finally open.  Time to replace this stained tank.  Ugh.

2 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

LOVE your purchases. SO MUCH. Like SO SO MUCH! Happy belated birthday. :) Also . . . my DL is totally a pregnant picture, from 4 years ago. :/

Erin said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger