8 Already?

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy 8th Birthday to my little furball.  I can't even believe Tiko is 8 today.  How does time pass us so quickly?  It seriously feels like yesterday that C&I drove to Wisconsin to pick up our new addition to our family. 


The pic isn't the greatest.  Technology has come a long way.  We all look so young.  It amazes me that Tiko was a little ball of fur once.  And my hair!  Oh my.  So glad I don't part my hair down the middle anymore or keep it short!  What was I thinking?  And C's hair is so dark and full! 

When C&I decided we wanted to add a dog (particularly a husky) to our little family, we initially thought we'd rescue an older dog.  The thought of puppy training was not something we were interested in.  Plus we just built our brand new townhouse and couldn't even stomach the thought of an "accident" on our brand new carpeting.  But after scouring the internet for days to find the perfect dog to adopt C came across Tiko's picture.  He called me over to look at his picture and I quickly snapped that we weren't getting a puppy so I refused to even look.  I gave in, took one look at Tiko's tiny little furry face and fell in love.  I knew at that very moment we found our dog.  Of course all the other puppies online were adorable, but there was just something about Tiko.  Love at first sight perhaps?

A few days later we drove from Minneapolis to Wisconsin to meet and pick up our new addition.  Since that day, our lives have never been the same.

Tiko has been there for some of the best and worst moments.  He was there to greet us when C&I came home from getting engaged.  I gave him a huge bear hug and told him he would have to change his last name with me :)  He was the one C&I were most excited to see after arriving home from our honeymoon.  He was there when I learned my Gram passed.  Tiko isn't much of a cuddler - mostly only on his terms.  But that night he let me cuddle him and bury my face in his fur and cry.  He was the only one around when I miscarried.  He came in the bathroom with me and laid at my feet while I sobbed.  He is always happy and wagging his tail like crazy to greet us at the door, no matter how bad our day.  Somehow coming home to his wagging self makes everything ok.  Most recently he was laying at C's feet when I informed him we would be expecting a baby in August.  Altho I am not certain if Tiko actually knows his life will be turned upside down in a few months.  What I am certain about is that he will do great with the huge change. 


"Dogs may not be your whole life, but they make your life whole."

This quote has stuck with me through the years. It sums up how C&I feel about Tiko. Over the last 8 years he has truly made our little family whole.   I can't imagine our life without him.  Happy Birthday to my first baby :)

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger