28 Weeks

Thursday, May 31, 2012

I swear, it does not feel possible that I'm 28 weeks pregnant.  I know I say this all the time but seriously, I feel like time is just whizzing by me and I'm standing still. 

A little snippet from my weekly email:

"Baby will keep getting bigger -- and smarter -- after week 28, and other than that, she just needs a few more finishing touches.  Putting on layers of fat, your baby now weighs in around 1.5 to 2.5 pounds and measures about 13.6 to 14.8 inches. Her lungs are mature enough that she'd probably survive if she was born now. Wow!"

Seriously it amazes me that if he/she were born now he'd/she'd survive.  Of course, I don't want him/her coming anytime soon.  I'd like him/her to cook for at least another 10 weeks.

Surprise - I'm not wearing black today!  I feel like I'm either in black or grey (or is it gray...seriously, this word kills me everytime I type it).  I threw on a splash of color today for you :)



How far along:  28 weeks
Maternity Clothes?  Yes please!  Altho my shirt I'm sporting today is not maternity. 
Stretch Marks?  None!  I love typing that.  I hope it stays like that.
Sleep:  Sleep is good.  Altho it's getting a little uncomfortable.  My left side is the only position I feel comfortable in.  I need to have my body pillow next to me and have it between my legs.  I miss sleeping on my stomach so much!
Best Moment this Week:  There were a lot of good moments this week.  Last night I found out that my best guy friend finally popped the question to his girlfriend who is due to give birth 2 weeks before my due date.  Huge smile.  I'm so happy for him. 
Miss Anything?  I miss wearing all my cute shoes.  My feet have been so swollen that they don't fit in hardly anything besides flip flops.  Let's just say that's not business professional in the office.  Squeezing my feet into flats is so much work.  Today I'm wearing some chunky wedges which are actually comfortable.  Two people already questioned my safety in them today. 
Movement:  The kicks, punches and karate chops don't get old for me.  I love to sit at my desk and watch for baby kicks.
Food Cravings:  Is it weird I'm not craving anything specific?  I just love to eat :)
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Not really.  STILL cannot do store bought lettuce which really puts a damper on my evening dinners. 
Gender:  Still think "Vinny" may be a girl...
Labor Signs:  Nah.  Altho my weekly email states I could start to feel Braxton Hicks contractions.  Yikes!
Belly Button in or out?  The belly button is so funny to me.  Mine has not offically popped yet, which I'm happy about.  It's definitely doubled in size and is so stretched out.  Not pretty people.  I read in one of my weekly emails how now is a good time to clean out all the lint that has accumulated over the years since it's either so stretched or popped by now.  I did a little cleaning yesterday :)  Gross, but true.
Wedding Rings on or off?  Off still.  Sadface.
Happy or Moody Most of the Time:  I'm  normally happy.  But this week I've felt very emotional.  I could cry at the drop of a hat right now ... and have several times this week. 
Looking Forward to:  Getting the nursery repainted this weekend.  Fingers crossed that I can pick a shade of grey that has ZERO blue undertones in it!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I almost lost my lunch when I read about the belly button lint build up. omgosh....eww!
I think you look so stinkin cute!

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger