Work It, Work It

Thursday, April 5, 2012

I have been slacking in the workout department during my pregnancy.  The first trimester my excuse was the exhaustion.  I was sleeping most nights soundly by 7/7:30.  By the time I got home for work, walked the dog and ate dinner I was pooped.  The second trimester I don't have an excuse.  I have my energy back and feel good so there should be no reason not to exercise.  Yesterday I finally put my foot down on my laziness. 

It was time my baby met Jillian Michaels. 


I have an old DVD of Jillian's that has a bunch of different circuits specialized for trouble areas of your body.  I stuck with the arms, butt and thigh areas.  I, of course, was not going to be dumb and do anything strenous to harm our baby.  I won't lie, I struggled through the circuits - give me some slack, it has been over 20 weeks before I have even touched a weight.  But I did it.  And afterwards, while I was sweaty, gasping for air and chugging my bottle of water like I've been dehydrated for days, it felt amazing.  I woke up with noodles for arms and almost fell down the stairs as my legs wanted to give out, but it's all worth it. 

With tank season right around the corner I dread having flabby arms.  Or flabby thighs for that matter.  So here's to the next 20 weeks of toning up, getting back in shape and looking like a hot little pregnant mama to be.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I always think, we need more mamas to be at the gym. there is nothing cuter! Love that you're on this mission. Keep it up!

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger