Weekend Recap

Monday, April 2, 2012

The weekend turned out to be a great one, just as I suspected it would.  Friday night the Mr. & I were in search of a fish fry.  We ended up at a tiny diner called Henry's in Maple Grove.  Great food, tiny place, wonderful service, felt like you were in the kitchen of your mom's house.  C loved his fish fry and I enjoyed tomato soup and grilled cheese.  We topped off our dinner with a slice of coconut cream pie.  Everyone was happy.

Saturday we had 5 showings for our t-house.  So while the showings happened we ran down to check on the progress of the house with Tiko.  We have cabinets!  It's looking so good.  I love my kitchen.  LOVE LOVE LOVE. 









Once we returned home our real estate agent informed us that 2 couples who walked through our t-house loved it and are filling out the necessary paperwork to rent it.  We couldn't be happier.  It hasn't even been a week since we posted our ad to rent our t-house and we might already have it rented.  We should know today how their applications look and which couple we choose is the best fit for our property. 

Saturday night we met Larry & Cindy for dinner.  We haven't seen them in ages so it was so fun to catch up.  It was also great to talk pregnancy with Cindy.  She has 2 grown children and loved asking me questions about my pregnancy.  What I didn't know about her is that although she has 2 children, she also had 5 miscarriages.  Five.  I suffered one and I cannot imagine suffering 5.  It was good to talk about my miscarriage with someone who has been through one.  I tend to keep most of feelings about the miscarriage bottled up so it was good to talk through those with someone who could 110% relate to me. 

Pics snapped before dinner.



(So over the red bathroom!)

Sunday I woke up at 8:00 a.m. to this note on the counter from the hubs.


"Went to Cub for a cinnamon roll 4 U!"  Super sweet right?  Keeper!!!!!  Once C got home we enjoyed breakfast together and then started packing up the t-house.  We only packed 6 or 7 boxes, but at least it's a start.  We threw out a ton of stuff which also felt really good.  For the next couple weeks I will be on a packing/purging binge.  I love getting rid of stuff I know we will never use and question why we have kept over all these years. 

Afterwards C went fishing while I sat outside with Tiko reading my book.  (Book recap to be posted shortly.)


It didn't make it to 80 degrees as expected, but it was definitely nice to enjoy the sunshine.  I got a little burnt. Actually, a lot burnt.  My chest is on fire today.  I guess my goal in obtaining some color on my pasty skin was achieved.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Love the kitchen! It's so fun to watching everything come together. It's going to look amazing!

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger