Nursery Planning

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I'm in full nursery planning mode.  I started collecting ideas a few months ago but thought it was way too early to order anything.  Now, the clock is ticking.  I need to get on this!  Especially since we will be moving in a few weeks.  I know I will have my mind on other things and my time will be limited behind a computer.

I found this bedding months ago that I fell in love with.  Owls - I mean, perfection right?  I'm so obsessed with owls right now and have no idea why!  I don't even like birds so this is crazy to me.  I thought these colors would be perfect - especially if we plan on not finding out the gender. 

Remember this?



I found the patterns on Etsy (which is the best website like EVER).  I contacted the seller yesterday and asked if she could send me some samples.  I love the way it looks on the screen but want to be 100% certain I love it in person as well.  I'm not sure if the shade of yellow is exactly what I have envisioned in my head. 

Either way, even if I don't love the sample in person, I definitely still want to stay with this color pallette...


{ Source found here }

I love these colors together (as you can see from my blog design).  It's so fresh, simple and perfect for a gender neutral nursery (in my mind of course).  If we were to have a baby girl, I would totally incorporate some pops of hot pink in there as well.  Why not, right?  Right.

I also stumbled across these super cute storage containers on the lovely pinterest.  I love all things chevron right now.  I need these. 


Speaking of all things chevron isn't this chair a gem?  I love it so much.  It totally could be a little much for what I have planned for our nursery but I definitely love looking at it.  Love.


Again, here is another pinterest find.  I want to have books displayed in the nursery and have been struggling at exactly how I want them displayed.  That is until I found this...


{ Source & tutorial found here }

Fantastic right?  Now I'm definitely no do-it-yourselfer.  Arts, crafts and projects were never my thing.  I don't even know how to sew.  And we aren't talking making curtains.  I'm talking not even the slightest idea on how to sew a button on.  GASP!  You can pick your jaw back up.  You heard me right.  So this project would have to be outsourced to someone who is crafty.  Any takers?  Pretty please? 

So just when I have a great visual in my head and have some of my ideas confirmed I stumble across this nursery on pinterest last night. 


Every great idea I thought I had flew out the window.  To say I love this nursery is an understatement.  Words cannot even express how I feel about it.  It's absolute perfection wrapped in a bow to me.  The colors, the simplicity, the chevron -- Ohhhhh my heart!  Part of me wants to throw everything I thought I wanted out the window and recreate a nursery that looks just like this. 

My head hurts now. 

1 comment:

Leah said...

Those are amazing designs! I can't wait to see what you put together!

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger