Debt Free!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

I am writing this post with the biggest smile on my face.

I will be honest, I have not been the best with my money.  And, because of it, I got myself in a little credit card debt over the years.  I'd rack up the credit card and kept telling myself "next month I'll put a large chunk towards my bill."  But that never seemed to happen.  I kept racking it up and and neglecting to pay it off/down.  Maybe I thought I was going to win the lottery - who knows?  

Before Christmas I got all my cards paid off with the exception of two cards with the highest balances.  The combined outstanding balance was more than I have ever had outstanding before.  I'm ashamed to even say how much the combined total was.  And sadly it was all for personal items - clothes, shoes, house stuff, hair appointments, facials... Stuff that were definitely not "needs." 

I have been working very hard since Christmas to pay off this debt.  I have not shopped or purchased anything for myself (aside from some maternity clothes that I paid cash for) in the past few months.  I've been very stingy with my money.  I have stayed away from Target and have been bringing my lunch to work everyday in the hopes of saving.  I've been putting massive chunks each month towards both of my credit cards.  I seriously have been living off pennies in order to do this. 

Today I paid my last huge chunk to my credit cards.

I'm proud to say ... I'm 100% debt free! 



It feels so good! 

No car payment and finally no credit card debt.  I can finally start banking some serious money. 

3 comments:

Leah said...

Congrats lady! Super exciting! We have around 18 more months and hopefully my SL's will be done and I can say the same . . . save for the mortgage!

Jessie said...

awesome sauce :)

Jaden Allred said...

Congratulations even it's a year late! Being caught in debt drama can really turn our life upside down, but you managed to focus on your goals and finally paid it off all. You're definitely an inspiration to many. Jaden Allred @ TorontoBankruptcyAdvice.com

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger