18 Weeks

Friday, March 23, 2012

Today I am 18w1d and our baby is the size of a sweet potato!  Yesterday I had a doctor appointment which was good.  I got to hear our baby's heartbeat again which never gets old for me.  A nice strong 150.  Just a little lower than last time I heard it but apparently that's normal.  Sometimes I forget I'm pregnant.  Not sure how since my growing waistline should remind me daily.  But hearing the heartbeat every few weeks always reminds me that I have a growing baby in my belly.  Is it weird that I need a reminder sometimes? 

I addressed my concerns with my doctor about my hands which have suddenly decided to swell up.  Apparently I'm retaining a ton of water.  So I really need to watch my salt intake and of course keep chugging the H2O.  I'm worried that I'll have to stop wearing my rings soon!  My poor fingers are sausages!  And if they are sausages now, what will they look like when it's 85, sunny and 100% humidity this summer?  Yikes!  I'm scared.  But it was reassuring to hear my doctor say that my sausage fingers are normal for how far along I am.  Also I  need to take into consideration our unheard of warm weather and this being my first pregnancy.  My weekly email from thebump.com even mentioned swelling this week.  So all in all, things are right on track and I am normal after all. 

My next appointment is in 4 weeks and that will be the day we can learn if we are having a little girl or boy.  I think we have come to a decision on that.  We are not going to find out at our ultrasound.  Instead we will have the ultrasound tech write on a piece of paper if it's pink or blue and give it to us in a sealed envelope.  Then if we decide later to find out, we can simply open our envelope (preferably having it documented by photos).  Or we can always choose to just not open the envelope at all.

This morning at 18w1d.


 
Today is jeans day at work. It's nice to be in jeans for a change rather than leggings. I also busted out the wedges. Also nice to not be 5 foot 3 for a change. Everyone has commented on my height today and how they never really realized how short I really am.



 


How far along? 18w1d
Maternity clothes?  Here and there.  Pants - definitely.  Shirts - here and there.  Today I had on a shirt from Target that wasn't maternity.  I just bought the next size up.
Stretch marks?  None!

Sleep:  Sleep is so good right now.  I had my first dream last night about the baby's gender - boy!
Best moment this week:  Hearing the heartbeat is always a moment I will consider the best.
Miss Anything?  A nice cold cherry coke!  Altho I know I can have one from time to time.  I try to keep my caffeine to a minimum.  But a cherry coke would totally hit the spot right now.
Movement:  Still nothing.  Perhaps I'm just not noticing it since I'm not sure what exactly it's supposed to feel like?  My doc did say to me yesterday that I should start feeling him/her very soon!  So anxious!
Food cravings:  Milk.  I can't get.enough.milk!!!  I had to make a special trip to the little store in our building at work yesterday just so I could get my milk fix.  Chris keeps saying we need to invest in a cow.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Lettuce.  Still!
Gender:  Still thinking it's a girl, even with my recent dream. 
Labor Signs:  Better not have them yet!  

Belly Button in or out?  In.  Altho I have noticed it's definitely getting stretched with my growing stomach!
Wedding rings on or off?  On. 
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy!!
Looking forward to:  Starting to feel some movement.  Also, excited to check out the progress of our home tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I am completely envious of your gorgeousness. Own it girl, ooowwwnnn it! and play Words this weekend. I want to kick your preggo booty.

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger