Time is Flying

Thursday, February 9, 2012

I told myself I was not going to neglect my blog.  I told myself I was going to blog weekly - even if I didn't have anything fascinating to say.  I failed already. 

The past few weeks have been busy.  I know, it's no excuse.  But on top of that I've been sick.  I started off with a cough that would not go away.  I literally was sleeping in the guest bedroom because I was hacking so hard and loud at night.  Finally that went away and now I'm stuck with a head cold.  I just can't win. 

On January 26th I had another ultrasound.  I was supposed to be 9w4d but was measuring right at 10 weeks.  I rather be a little ahead of schedule versus behind.  Everything was perfect.  Our peanut had a nice strong heartbeat of 178.  I couldn't be happier to hear that.  I even got another picture to take home with me.  And this time he/she actually looks like a baby!

So by the calculations of our last ultrasound I am 12 weeks today!  3 months!  I was going to wait until 13 weeks before I told anyone at work but I'm spilling the beans today.  Why not right?  Besides, it is getting harder and harder to find something that doesn't show my little bump every morning.  Today I'm sporting boots, leggings and one of my new favorite maternity shirts I got on the Target clearance rack.  There's no hiding it today.  I'm anxiously waiting for my office manager to get in as I type so I can tell her and stop hiding my belly with files every time I get up.

C&I went down to Florida with his parents last week for a few days.  It was such a nice and relaxing trip.  We visited Ft. Myers, Sanibel Island, Naples and Marco Island.  We lounged at the beach and overindulged in the restaurants.  While shopping I came across a Gap Maternity and stocked up on a few shirts and even purchased my first pair of maternity pants for work.  Ekkk!  Everything was on clearance so I didn't feel bad splurging a little.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect.  Sunny and 80+ everyday.  I could really get used to that.  By the end of our trip I had C convinced that someday we would retire in Florida :)


In other news, we signed the contract on our new home.  We stopped by last weekend and were surprised to see that the foundation has already been poured.  We have an estimated closing date of May 15th!  It'll be here before we know it.  I cannot wait to move in, start decorating and nesting.  It's going to be so nice to have a yard, basement, more than 1 shower and a 3 car garage.  Oh and storage!  We are going to feel like we live in a castle compared to our little townhouse we now have.  I have to say, 2012 is really turning into quite the year!



No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger