Hello 2012

Monday, January 9, 2012

Well, here we are - 9 days into the new year.  2012 came so quickly.  I remember 1990 so clearly.  At 10 years old I would always wonder what the future would be like.   What would I be like in 2000?  2010?  2020?  Will I be married with a family?  What kind of house would I have?  How will I look when I'm "old?"  I just totally dated myself didn't I?  Crap.

Anyways, here's to a new year and a new blog.  I've gave blogs a shot before in the past but always seemed to neglect them.  This time will be different.  Or so I think/say.  I plan on using my blog to document our life, my endless ramblings and thoughts, and, of course, the baby growing inside of me.  GASP!  Yep, I said it.  I'm pregnant!

It took a while for us to get here.  After almost a year of trying and one miscarriage, we are pregnant.  I'm officially 7 weeks this week.  Do you know what that means?  My baby is a blueberry!  This tiny little blueberry has been the cause of my nausea, exhaustion and mood swings.  Not to mention my bloat.  Ohhh the bloat.  I hate the bloat.

Tonight we are going for our first ultrasound.  I'm trying my hardest to contain my excitement while I'm at work but it's so hard.  I am not being productive at all today.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything looks good and we see a heartbeat.  And not to mention take home a picture of our little blueberry.  And frame it ;)

The next few weeks will be hard to keep this little blueberry a secret.  I wish I could tell everyone I know and see.  But, of course, due to our first pregnancy ending in miscarriage and being so early still, our lips are sealed.  We have told our families over Christmas.  I captured telling C's family on video.  I love his mom's scream.  I watch it over and over with the biggest smile on my face. 



I also got to tell Jess & Lauren in person over Christmas.  I knew I wouldn't see them again for a long time and definitely wanted to share the news in person.  And since they are both new mommies they will be more than happy to answer my 4,827 questions :)

So here's to a new year, a new blog and a healty pregnancy!

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger