1. Shower at night. After my kids go to bed I quickly take a shower and get my comfy clothes on. You would think being home all day I would have the luxury of showering whenever I wanted. That's so not the case tho with 2 kids needing my attention all day. And it's not everyday they nap at the same time. Showering at night has been my lifesaver. If I didn't shower at night, I have no idea when I would actually have time to.
2. Get up before the kids. Ok this does not apply to new moms with newborns because God knows I know you need every second of sleep. My kids normally get up anywhere between 6:30-7:30. I my internal alarm clock wakes me up at 6. So that half hour before the kids get up I have a little me time to myself. Before I got up when my kids did I always felt rushed and didn't have a clear mind for the day. Getting up a half hour before they do lets me prepare for the day ahead without feeling rushed and overwhelmed.
3. Get dressed & put on makeup. Which leads me here. That half hour before my kids get up I get dressed. I am always in comfy clothes because let's face it, chasing kids around in real clothes is not comfortable. My SAHM uniform is skinny yoga pants and a comfy/cute shirt, zip up hoodie or sweatshirt. I always put on my makeup too. It consists of BB cream and mascara. I'm simple and low maintenance in that department. Just getting dressed and applying my makeup makes me feel so much better about myself. Plus, I'm sure my hubs appreciates it too. No husband wants to come home to his wife with no makeup on and the clothes she slept in.
4. Program your coffee maker. Maybe I've lived under a rock all these years but I've just started doing this. Game changer. I program it every night to go off at 7 am each morning. No more wasting time making coffee in the morning when I have 2 other mouths to feed.
5. Meal plan. My job is to make dinner Monday-Thursday every week. Friday and Saturday we usually eat out while running errands/shopping and Sunday is my hubs night to cook. Every Sunday I plan out my meals for the week and jot them down in my planner. I use the crockpot a lot. It makes for an easy, simple and no stress dinner each night.
So there you have it. Five little tips for the SAHMs out there that I've found super helpful. If you have any tips, please share-I'd love to hear them!